By Erik Dahlman
This ebook specializes in LTE with complete updates together with LTE-Advanced (Release-11) to supply a whole photograph of the LTE system. precise reasons are given for the most recent LTE criteria for radio interface structure, the actual layer, entry systems, broadcast, relaying, spectrum and RF features, and method performance.
Key applied sciences offered contain multi-carrier transmission, complex single-carrier transmission, complex receivers, OFDM, MIMO and adaptive antenna recommendations, radio source administration and protocols, and diverse radio community architectures. Their function and use within the context of cellular broadband entry regularly is defined, giving either a high-level evaluate and extra specified step by step explanations.
This publication is a must have source for engineers and different execs within the telecommunications undefined, operating with mobile or instant broadband applied sciences, giving an realizing of the way to make use of the hot expertise so that it will remain sooner than the competition.
New to this edition:
- In-depth description of CoMP and stronger multi-antenna transmission together with new reference-signal buildings and suggestions mechanisms
- Detailed description of the aid for heterogeneous deployments supplied by way of the newest 3GPP release
- Detailed description of recent superior downlink control-channel constitution (EPDDCH)
- New RF configurations together with operation in non-contiguous spectrum, multi-bands base stations and new frequency bands
- Overview of 5G as a collection of well-integrated radio-access applied sciences, together with aid for better frequency bands and versatile spectrum administration, large antenna configurations, and ultra-dense deployments
- Covers a whole replace to the newest 3GPP Release-11
- Two new chapters on HetNet, masking small cells/heterogeneous deployments, and CoMP, together with Inter-site coordination
- Overview of present prestige of LTE unencumber 12 together with additional improvements of local-area, CoMP and multi-antenna transmission, Machine-type-communication, Device-to-device communication
Read Online or Download 4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband PDF
Best radio operation books
A scientific clarification of the rules of radio structures, electronic Radio procedure layout bargains a balanced therapy of either electronic transceiver modems and RF front-end subsystems and circuits. It offers an in-depth exam of the entire transceiver chain which is helping to attach the 2 issues in a unified process idea.
Notice the buzz of beginner Radio. All you must get your first ham radio license.
Instant Receiver Architectures and layout offers a few of the designs and architectures of instant receivers within the context of recent multi-mode and multi-standard units. This one-stop reference and advisor to designing inexpensive low-power multi-mode, multi-standard receivers treats analog and electronic sign processing at the same time, with equivalent aspect given to the selected structure and modulating waveform.
This publication provides state of the art study contributions that tackle a number of facets of community layout, optimization, implementation, and alertness of cognitive radio applied sciences. It demonstrates how one can make greater usage of the to be had spectrum, cognitive radios and spectrum entry to accomplish powerful spectrum sharing among authorized and unlicensed clients.
- Radio Engineering for Wireless Communication and Sensor Applications (Artech House Mobile Communications Series)
- Symbian OS C++ for Mobile Phones, Volume 1
- 3G CDMA2000 Wireless System Engineering
- 4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband, Second Edition
- Fundamentals of Cellular Network Planning and Optimisation: 2G/2.5G/3G... Evolution to 4G
- Radio Systems Engineering
Additional info for 4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband
However, the higher bandwidth utilization comes at the cost of reduced robustness to noise and interference. Alternatively expressed, higher-order modulation schemes, such as 16QAM or 64QAM, require a higher Eb/N0 at the receiver for a given bit-error probability, compared to QPSK. This is in line with the discussion in the previous section, where it was concluded that high-bandwidth utilizationda high information rate within a limited bandwidthdin general requires a higher receiver Eb/N0. 1 Higher-order modulation in combination with channel coding Higher-order modulation schemes such as 16QAM and 64QAM require a higher receiver Eb/N0 for a given error rate, compared to QPSK.
In addition, there will be a negative impact on the power-amplifier cost. Alternatively, the average transmit power must be reduced, implying a reduced range for a given data rate. High power-amplifier efficiency is especially important for the terminaldthat is, in the uplink directionddue to the importance of low mobile-terminal power consumption and cost. 3 Distribution of instantaneous power for different modulation schemes. Average power is the same in all cases still somewhat less important.
The modulation symbols can be from any modulation alphabet, such as QPSK, 16QAM, or 64QAM. The number of OFDM subcarriers can range from less than one hundred to several thousand, with the subcarrier spacing ranging from several hundred kHz down to a few kHz. What subcarrier spacing to use depends on what types of environments the system is to operate in, including such aspects as the maximum expected radio-channel frequency selectivity (maximum expected time dispersion) and the maximum expected rate of channel variations (maximum expected Doppler spread).